Maine Educational Assessment System
The Maine Educational Assessment System is designed to assess students’ achievement on the Maine Learning Results (also called the Parameters of Essential Instruction) for English Language Arts (ELA), Mathematics and Science. For the past few years, the ELA and Math test was called the NECAP for grades 3-8 and the SAT for grade 11. In 14-15, the state moved to the Smarter Balance Test, which was delivered in an online platform with students utilizing the computer to take the assessment.
Once again, the testing requirements have changed and the MDOE has moved to a new test, the MEA eMpower ME, but keeping the online testing delivery similar to last year. To that end we will begin this required testing in grades 3-8 in the weeks ahead with the testing window of March 21 - April 15th. The High School for 3rd year students will return to the SAT as the state-wide assessment and that testing will take place on April 12th.
RSU #3 receives well over a million dollars in federal funds to support our educational programming. As a receiving school district, we are required to administer the state assessments to our students and are required to have at least a 95% participation rate for each school. We have established a rolling testing schedule in order to best accommodate the demand that will be placed on our web servers in each building. The dates for the online MEA testing are as follows:
- Mt. View High School – all 3rd year students April 12
- Mt. View Middle School – 6th – 8th grade students April 4 - April 7
- Mt. View Elementary – 3rd-5th grade students March 21 - March 29
- Morse Elementary - 3-5th grade students April 4 - April 12
- Monroe Elementary - 3rd - 5th grade students March 28 - April 1
- Troy and Walker Elementary – 3rd - 5th grade students March 28 - March 31
- Makeup dates will be the week following the testing week. Please make sure your child is at school, rested and ready to do their best! If you should have any questions please feel free to contact your child’s principal for more information. You can also visit the MDOE website at http://www.maine.gov/doe/assessment/
- In addtion you can check out the kinds of questions your child will find on the test by taking a practice test athttps://maine.onlinehelp.measuredprogress.org/testing-materials/
NECAP RESULTS For 2009-10
SAT Results 2009-10